From Developer Ironclad games and co-publisher Stardock and Kalypso Media have announced the expansion to the universe in the award-winning real-time 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate) strategy game, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – New Frontiers Edition. The game is out now on PC for EMEA territories (UK, Benelux, France, Italy, Spain, Nordics, Greece, Portugal, South Africa, Russia, Middle East and Asia. Germany, Austria and Switzerland). The game will also include last month’s DLC, ‘Forbidden Worlds’, which included new planets, technologies, and bonuses, all on Steam. You also get a “fully illustrated map”, a double-sided poster and a digital soundtrack. You can grab the Sins: Rebellion – New Frontiers edition right now from retail stores for £19.99.
Come into a world that was hoping for diplomacy to end the war, but that world doesn’t exist in the Sins of a Solar Empire universe. There are 6 factions, players will need to decide between the Rebels and the Loyalists, and begin take on their conquest of the galaxy as you conquer planets and build Titan warships, and much more. Loyalist are members of the Trader Emergency Coalition, has a focus on the defense that will help them take on the rest of the war, while the Rebels believe peace will only come, if they crush the coalition and others that defy them.
Players will get to create an empire, take on culture and trade, gain diplomatic skills, build new powerful ships to help defeat enemies, and explore new technologies. Get to explore planets that includes the Barrens, Ferrous, Greenhouse, Oceanic, and more.
Be prepared to watch a war unfold as it tears the universe apart in this epic scale of 4X strategy in real-time action, in the Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – New Frontiers Edition launch trailer, below:
The features you will see in Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – New Frontiers, include:
- Six Factions: Decide whether to play as a Loyalist or Rebel – each faction unlocks new technologies, ships and play styles for each race.
- More Planets: Colonize and exploit four new planet types (Barren, Ferrous, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
- Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output.
- New Titan and Corvette Class Warships: Mighty Titans and small versatile corvettes enter the fray of the war to tip the scales of power.
- Updated Capital Ships: All existing capital ships have been updated with four new ability levels.
- Additional Planet Bonuses: Discover more than 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins’ universe.
- Great Visuals: Updated graphics, particle effects, lighting and shadows, race specific UI and other enhancements make the Sins universe look better than ever.
- Various Victory Conditions: Take multiple paths to victory including Military, Diplomacy, Research, Last Flagship Standing, Last Capital Standing and Occupation.
- Tutorials: New and updated tutorials make it easy for both experienced and new players to quickly start building their own solar empire.
- Extra content: In box poster and digital soundtrack included.