Game studios based in Canada, Reverie World Studios announced that their game Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars will be going under a new name, Kingdom Wars. Not only was a name changed announced, it was also mentioned that it will be making plans to go Free-to-Play for this game. You will be able to get your hands on this caste siege MMORTS game this September on Steam.
“With Kingdom Wars going free-to-play our primary goal is to create a large player community that loves and supports our games”, mentioned Konstantin Fomenko, Reverie World CEO. “To this end we did not go the standard Pay to Win route, instead opting for limited micro-transactions that doesn’t affect gameplay mechanics in any way. It’s a game of skill, not bigger wallets”
In Kingdom Wars, thousand of new players will experience the following; they will build empires and battle against others online, which this isn’t a pay-2-win game, so there will be no having to pay in order to speed up gameplay or be under ranked compared to other players, and you won’t have to pay to unlock premium content either. “This will be the first 3D MMO titles with real-time siege combat.” In this online world, players will be needing to gather resources, build towns and castles, conquer dozens of storyline quests, and of course build an empire. All of these features and more that players will experience in a online world that grows, and breathes even when you are away sleeping, working, or going about your day.
Below is the Steam release trailer for Kingdoms Wars:
We are planning to release all the new content in a patch later in August, before our free-to-play release in September.
Some of the new content and changes includes:
– Login using Steam Login and play using Steam client
– Gameplay and balance reworked from the ground up
– Countless bug fixes, and performance improvements
– Greatly expanded mod support team available around the clock
– More City Slots so you can play as more races/regions
– Removed the old Crown item shop, all elite units like Dragons are accessible from buildings like regular units
– Several new buildings for each race, including Market buildings for Orcs and Elves
– Select the colour of your soldiers armour
– Customize your Hero’s armour, face and heraldry
– Design your army banner with colours, patterns and heraldry
– Decorate your buildings and battalions with your banner and flag
– Customize your town with different building materials
– Utilize one time use booster packs to give your town a kickstart
– Utilize Premium Account to temporarily boost quest and pvp rewards
Leading up to the launch of the free-to-play, players will be able to get Kingdom Wars Premium Package, which is currently available for early access on PC via Steam for $4.99. With the Kingdom Wars Premium Package, this will give you an edge above the other players that will be following once it releases on Steam in September, and you will obtain over $20 of content, which includes all customization and decoration options that new players will be having to unlock.