Developer SuperCrit created a Kickstarter campaign back in early 2013 in order to fund a new game they wanted to create called, The Stomping Land, a multiplayer survival game about living in a world with dinosaurs. The campaign was successfully funded on June 6th 2013, with a goal of $20,000 and ended up getting over $110,000 in funding from their backers. The backers to the campaign were given early access to the game on May 23rd and it is now announced that The Stomping Land is now available on PC via Steam Early Access for everyone.
In The Stomping Land, players will playing as a hunter and scavenger, where you live amongst the dinosaurs. Players gain experience just by staying alive, because if you get caught by any of the dinosaurs it will end you in an instant. The other way to stay alive separate from staying away from being caught by dinosaurs, is to scavenge for food from the dinosaurs. You will be able to get two different types of meats, light meat and heavy meat. These different meats are from both smaller dinosaurs and bigger dinosaurs, and the bigger they are the harder they are to be able to get meat from.
“It’s up to you to find methods of surviving for as long as possible, so you can tame these creatures to protect you from the relentless threatening engagements.”
Other than taming these now extinct creatures, you will be able to use three tools for tracking the dinosaurs, which include looking up to the stars, footprints, and the distant sound. The steam page also mentions that you will need to ‘Form tribes, setup camp, and hunt down Earth’s historic beasts with the goal of becoming the dominant tribe on the island.’
The developer notes on Steam has mentioned the current features that are currently implemented in the gameplay, which include:
- 6 Dinosaurs: Styracosaurus, Carnotaurus, Gallimimus, Parahelicoprion, Ankylosaurus, Stygimoloch
- Free-roam island with lakes/rivers/caves/forests and a surrounding beach/ocean
- Persistent Day/Night cycle with random rain+fog
- PVP weapon combat including roping prisoners
- Resource collection
- Crafting system includes campsite items(teepee/fire pit etc). Craftable weapons include a bow and arrow, spear, and bolas
- Swimming + Fish + Spearfishing
- Tamable/Mountable dinosaurs
- Random dinosaur stampedes
- Tribe establishment with isolated chat
- Offline play (same game, solo)
- Dedicated servers hosted by players
- Persistent character data per server
Watch the early access trailer below:
Alpha is currently available for $24.99 on Windows PC via Steam. There will be more features to come, plus more dinosaurs are planned to come.