With original release date of September 2nd, indie game developer Firefly Studios today announced that their upcoming RTS ‘castle sim’ sequel, Stronghold Crusader 2, will be delayed and will instead release on September 23rd for PC both in stores, Humble Store, Amazon, Get Games, and via Steam. Those interested can still get the game while it is on pre-order, where you will get the game on Steam with 10% off, exclusive mini-campaigns, and more. There is also a special edition that you can buy that will allow you to have the following; the Digital Soundtrack composed by Robert Euvino, the Art of Stronghold Crusader 2 Digital Art Book, and Stronghold Crusader HD: Full game on Steam.
In order to give the fans what they deserve, fans will need to wait longer in order to make the game what they deserve and want, to receive a better game. To be exact, “Over the past two years we have stuck to our mantra that the sequel to Stronghold Crusader will be ‘ready when it’s ready’ and, although we hate having to delay the release, this is the best course of action for everyone. Our closed beta gave us vital feedback from the Stronghold community and the Crusader 2 team feels that the game needs more polish before we release it. We love being in control of our own destiny, unlike with Stronghold 3, and not being forced to release a game too early,” mentioned Creative Director of Firefly Studios Simon Bradbury.
Simon Bradbury also mentioned, “We want to make the best ever 3D Stronghold game, something we’re completely happy with that lives up to the legacy of the first Crusader. By postponing the launch date we can invest time and money in return for extra polish, optimisation and bug fixes, creating a game we are proud to release.”
The key features that you will experience in Stronghold Crusader II, is the following:
- Build the Ultimate Castle – Design mighty strongholds and fill them with fiendish traps to crush your enemies!
- Skirmish Mode – Lay siege to your enemies in fast-paced custom skirmish matches against the AI.
- 8 Player Multiplayer – Mix and match human and AI players, maps and game modes to set up your ideal multiplayer game.
- Battle a Wide Range of AI Lords – Classic AI characters return alongside new blood, each with distinct personalities, castles and play styles.
- Challenge the Crusader Trail – Test your mettle across a range of increasingly tough skirmish campaigns.
- Co-op Play – Share control over castle building, troop control and resource management in Co-op Mode.
- Castle Sandbox – Dive into the Map Editor or Free Build mode and construct the ultimate castle without fear of attack.
Here is the pre-order trailer for Stronghold Crusader II: