The creators that brought you the tactical MOBA for both desktop and mobile, ÆRENA: Clash of Champions, Cliffhanger Productions has released a new update for their Turn-based Strategy game, Shadowrun Online. The update includes new co-op and character customization, because even the best need the help from others. The new update is now currently available on PC and Mac via Steam Early Access. Both Shadowrun Online and Shadowrun Tabletop will be making their appearance at Gen Con 2014 happening next week, August 14-17th at booth 417 in the Indiana Convention Center at Indianapolis, Indiana.
Shadowrun Online made its way to Steam Early Access back in March 31st, and this makes makes yet another update for the game, but this time it introduces two-player co-op gameplay along with the current options of solo and PvP missions. Players will be able to recruit a friend to help aid them in a coordinated and strategic assault that will help them achieve the random missions together.
“Expansive character customization has always been a hallmark of the Shadowrun universe, and the latest update brings new options for race, gender, clothing, and of course, weaponry. Combined with Shadowrun Online’s class-free progression, players will have the freedom to create characters that are truly their own.”
Some of the features and updates that you will see includes:
- Character customization: Design your own Character, choose a name, metatype (currently Ork and Human are available), gender, outfit, weapons and a second character to accompany you on your Shadowrun!
- Your Avatar in missions: All missions are now played with your self-designed Character, accompanied by the chosen henchman.
- Random Coop: Don’t want to play solo anymore? With Random Coop you can play a random mission with another, randomly-selected player instead of your henchman.
- Fatigue: Magical attacks now cause a fixed amount of “Fatigue”, which regenerates at one point per turn – so be careful not to spam spells or you won’t be able to cast at a critical moment!
- Immunities: Some enemies are now immune to certain types of damage, so make sure to adapt your tactics accordingly! No more manabolts against cameras!
- Second Weapon: The second weapon of a character is now visible on the characters’ back.
You can read our previous article on Shadowrun Online, here.