At the latest PlayStation 5 reveal event, a new Resident Evil game has been revealed. Now with the name Resident Evil 8: Village (spelled VIIIage, like the Roman Numbers),the game is set to release sometime in 2021. As Capcom states in their post on the official PlayStation site, the game will have “a greater focus on combat and exploration compared to Resident Evil 7.” As said in the description on the official PlayStation Blog,
Ethan’s world suddenly comes crashing down once again when Chris Redfield, an unexpected yet familar face makes an appeareance, setting of a chain of events that sees a distraught Ethan seeking answers to Chris’s shocking actions… and ultimately finding him in a mysterious village”
Resident Evil 8: Village is revealed to be a (direct) sequel to the highly praised and loved Resident Evil 7: Biohazard and looks to follow the same style of first-person gameplay that the former had. It looks to feature Ethan and Mia as their investigation of events from Biohazard takes them to a village, where they will have to face not only gun-carrying locals but werewolves and other monster type creatures as well. The game will star Ethan Winters (the protagonist for Biohazard) and feature popular Resident Evil character, Chris Redfield. Along with locals and these werewolf type creatures, the game will also include:
- Occult undertones (without the magical aspects) and feature a cult that worships the monsters created by the Mold.
- A new villain named Alan R. (a mysterious leader that lives in a castle away from the village)
- Mold (as it was featured in Resident Evil Biohazard) and hallucinations created by the Mold
- A setting that will mainly take place outdoors
- A new playable character named Emily, who will apparently help Ethan uncover the mysteries of the village
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard has been called a “breath of fresh air” by many fans who praise the game for going back to its horror roots. With high ratings across the board that not only comment on the game’s art, style, and mechanics, many people flocked to their VR headsets when the game was rereleased to play.