War is hell, and Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies’ new trailer sets out to show you just how tense it can be.
With a release date on the 24th excitement has been steadily building for Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies. A standalone “expansion” for Company of Heroes 2, The Western Front Armies drops players into the role of commander for either the US or the German Oberkommando West forces. You can duke it out against your friends in WW2-inspired real time strategy combat across new maps, and with new units to the series. I could say more, but the game’s own site tells you everything you need to know:
- US Forces: Wield the mighty power of Eisenhower’s Allied army with brand new abilities and strategies
- Oberkommando West: A completely new take on the German forces brings brand new abilities and new strategies to the frontline
- The Western Front: Expand the war to the popular Western Front theater of combat, featuring breathtaking new environments, that bring realism and vibrancy never before seen in the game
- New Maps: Eight stunning new maps join the extensive collection of 23 existing Company of Heroes 2 maps as well as over 1,000 community created maps available on the Steam workshop
- Intense Online Combat: Feel the unprecedented ferocity of frontline strategic warfare and engage in visceral battle with adversaries across the globe
- Every Battle Tells A Story: Experience the up-close moment-to-moment brutality of frontline warfare and control the battle through your military prowess