Currently taking place in the happiest place on earth, Anaheim, CA, is Minecraft’s annual convention Minecon. As part of the convention Microsoft announced a new DLC pack, along with a trailer showing off the visual aspects of this new pack. The new DLC pack is based on Chinese mythology. The Chinese Mythology Mash-Up pack allows players to explore a huge pre-made world. The world includes recognizable imagery that one would associate with mythical ancient China. Huge mountain ranges, enormous palaces, and of course dragons.
There will also be Chinese mythology versions of the already existing Minecraft mobs and environments. In total this new DLC pack will give the player 41 new skins and 13 new music tracks. The Chinese Mythology Mash-up Pack will also include a special map for the Battle mini game that was released earlier this year. The pack will retail for $4.99 USD and will be available on digital stores across consoles. The trailer for the new Chinese Mythology Mash-up Pack can be viewed below.
The new DLC Mash-up Pack is not the only news that came out of Minecon. There will also be a free update for the console versions of Minecraft that will add a variety of changes to the vanilla version of the game. The update will include the following additions to Minecraft: Console Editions:
- New Mobs: Polar Bears and baby Polar bears will now spawn in frozen biomes.
- Banners: can now be made and hung up around whether in bases or just about anywhere the player chooses.
- New Items: Players can farm Beetroots and can calm their hunger by making Beetroot soup.
- New Terrain Generation: Igloos will now appear in Artic biomes. Fossils can be found while digging underground. There will also be different Village paths and materials.
- New Blocks: End Bricks, Beetroot, Grass Path, Frosted Ice, Magma, Nether Wart Block, Red Nether Brick, and Bone Block.
The Chinese Mythology Mash-up Pack and new update will both become available on October 4th for all console versions of Minecraft.