One of the year’s most successful titles is easily miHoYo’s Genshin Impact, which has gone on to generate an insane amount of revenue in the short time since it launched just a couple of months ago. In less than two weeks the mobile game earned $100 million, which in and of itself is a major accomplishment. However, the true staying power of Genshin Impact has slowly made itself apparent, as Sensor Tower is now reporting that the title has grossed nearly $400 million in revenue, with the more accurate number sitting at $393 million.
Genshin Impact has grossed nearly $400m* on mobile after two months on the market, making it the 2nd highest grossing mobile game since its release.
It’s an international hit.
— Daniel Ahmad (@ZhugeEX) December 2, 2020
As you can see in the tweet above, Genshin Impact is actually second in the Top Grossing Mobile Games Worldwide chart, which goes from September 28-November 28. The top spot belongs to Honor of Kings, which amassed $467 million in the same time-span, although that title has been around since 2015. Genshin Impact’s listing is even more impressive due to the short time frame that it was able to generate that much profit, an unbelievable achievement. To put this in perspective, the game needed to generate roughly $6 million per day on average in order to get to the number where it is currently at, which it was able to do.
It’s also worth noting that these statistics from Sensor Tower does not include any Android devices, PC, or consoles, with the former being a heavy favorite in miHoYo’s native China. This means that the majority of the numbers being accounted for here are from iOS users, particularly from iPhones. Sensor Tower states that the players base coming from those with Apple’s mobile device stands at roughly 57.5% while those with Android phones make up the rest with 42.5%. If the numbers from the other facets ever come to light, then it’s very likely that Genshin Impact’s revenue is much higher than it shows.
Besides the onslaught of numbers and revenue, the game itself has been received fairly well, regardless of its gotcha mechanics. It’s also been named Game of the Year by both Apple for the App Store and by Google for Google Play. Genshin Impact is available now and free-to-play on iOS and Android devices, as well as PC and the PlayStation 4. It’s also slated to launch for the Nintendo Switch at a later time.