Larian Studios has announced a new release date for the upcoming co-op RPG, Divinity: Original Sin, which has moved from the original date of June 20th to now being released on June 30th on PC and Mac via Steam.
During Steam Early Access, Divinity: Original Sin has been going through major testing thanks to the large player community, but there are still a few more things that need the finishing touch that is required before it finally releases. At the release, the team wants to make sure that they deliver a game that is the best possible game ever, but right now they aren’t 100% happy with it, and this new release date will allow the team to add voice-overs for a range of characters, and will also be able to fix a few bugs that will make it more of a well-polished experience.
If you haven’t gotten the chance to play Divinity: Original Sin yet, the game will have you take on the role of a Source Hunter, and your mission is to get rid of the world of those who use the worst of magics. Though as you start on your regular murder investigation, you end up suddenly finding yourself in the middle of a plan that will rattle and tear the fabric of time.
In the game, you are given a lot of freedom, but it’s up to you on how you use that freedom in the ultimate end-goal and you are also given a lot of gameplay mechanics, which you choose if you are going use or abuse them. You not only are able to play Divinity: Original Sin alone, but you also have a chance to bring your friend into the game and make it a co-op, whether you choose to have them with you on a local multiplayer or online.
“Great adventures become even greater when shared with a trusted comrade-in-arms!”
Key Features in Divinity: Original Sin include:
- Become part of a reactive, living and vast open world. Explore many different environments, fight all kinds of fantastical creatures and discover tons of desirable items.
- Experience gripping party- and turn-based combat. Manipulate the environment and use skill & spell combos to overcome your many foes: Use magic to make it rain on your enemies, then cast a lightning spell to fry them to a crisp. Experiment with different skill combinations to ruin the day for enemies and townspeople alike.
- Play with a friend in co-op multiplayer. Make decisions together (or disagree entirely), as your interactions and relationship with your partner influence the game.
- Unravel a deep and epic story, set in the early days of the Divinity universe. No prior experience with other Divinity games is necessary, however. The game takes place well before its predecessors, Divine Divinity and Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, but will still feel familiar to fans.
- Classless character creation lets you design the character of your choice. Endless item interaction and combinations take exploration and experimentation to another level of freedom.
- Create your own adventures and share them online. With Original Sin comes the powerful toolset used by the game’s designers. Yours are endless new stories to make and share with other players!
Watch the before and after kickstarter trailer:
Here is the Beta announcement trailer:
Players who For those who previously purchased their copy of the game via Steam Early Access, will still be able to play it until it officially releases. Larian Studios apologizes for the inconvenience that this later release may have cause, being that some player may have been waiting for the release of Original Sin’s patiently.