Larian Studios’ critically acclaimed PC RPG Divinity: Original Sin will be coming to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 soon, and is getting a major overhaul to boot.
Before any PC gamers who already own game wring their fists, Larian are making this Enhanced Edition of Original Sin available free of charge to anyone who has the game in their Steam library.
From the looks of it, the Enhanced Edition will include a number of substantial upgrades and additions, namely:
- New intuitive user-interface tailored for controllers
- Dynamic split-screen for co-op
- Fully voiced and remastered dialogs with AAA-actors
- Hours of new content; quests, combat-styles, location and changes to the crafting system.
- Entirely new gameplay modes and character builds
- A heavily rewritten story with a brand new ending
- Massively reworked visuals and sound effects
It’s worth noting that the Enhanced Edition will be released as a completely separate game, similar to how Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director’s Cut and Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin were released. Existing owners of Original Sin will find the new edition added automatically to their libraries once it is released “at the end of 2015.”
Given that this will be an entirely separate title, save games from the vanilla game will likely not carry over to the Enhanced Edition.
Larian have also released a video giving an overview of the various enhancements to come: