Game Studio Based in Tampa, Florida, Skull Skill Studios is making their debut into the gaming community with their online tower defense and attack game, Fire With Fire. Though this isn’t your regular Tower defense, instead the game has some inspirations of being an environmentally conscience game. The team consists of Theory Georgiou, Brian Shephard, and the one producing the music is Stephen D. Gibson. They launched their Kickstarter campaign back in July, in order to help out with the game and getting the awareness out there. With just under 46 hours left, Fire With Fire is close to its goal of $10,000 and is currently at $8,428. The game is currently on Steam Greenlight, and looking for support to come onto PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam with the communities help.
“Re-unite the factions of a dystopian earth to extinguish the flames of war before the planet is thrown past the point of no recovery. Fire With Fire hopes to inspire environmental conscience in our players through our single player campaign. We’re making a game, but why not spread environmental awareness.”
In Fire With Fire, players will be able to compete against other players in a tower defense game where you are able to customize a variety of towers and creeps to not only defend, but also attack those who are coming to your camp and the trees surrounding it, do anything it takes in order to save the environment you control. Strategy is key, as you try to counter your enemies moves in a one-on-one online match, or you can increase your forces by completing the single player campaign. You will be able to choose 3 Tower sets, and 4 pairs of Creeps from your personal roster, with a total of 15 Towers and 8 Creeps, and you will unlock some of the Towers and Creeps as the one-on-one match progresses.
You will not only be able to play online with people who are on their desktops, but also play on your desktop with someone that is playing on their tablets.
Here is the demo/trailer for Fire With Fire:
Here is the Gameplay Stream for Fire With Fire on Steam Greenlight:
The features that you will see in Fire With Fire includes the following:
- Our own system improving on traditional Tower Defense elements like tower unlocking and upgrading.
- Player vs player matches, opponents choose and deploy waves of creeps at each other.
- Combining the above features allows for strategic competitive play and ranked leader boards..
- Eye Candy, The game is visually designed to erupt into a huge variety of combined fiery particle effects when creeps clash with towers. “Each wave is like watching a fireworks display”
- An Immersive single player campaign, players can unlock new abilities and content through achievements in the single player mode.
- Achievement based leveling system, players gain xp points by completing unique challenges, completing single player maps and by defeating opponents online.
- Cross-platform online matches. Play a match with your friends regardless of your operating systems.