New York based husband and wife developer team (Whitney White and Tyrell White), White Guardian Studios, is back at it again with launching their RPG titled game, ‘Celestial: Tear: Demon’s Revenge,’ for the 4th time on Kickstarter. The game has been worked on both on and off for about 4 years, and finally its about that time to dedicate it all for the team, being that currently the Kickstarter is at 44% funded, and its just 17 days left. The projected release date for this game is Q1 2015, and it will be making its way to PC only.
In Celestial Tear: Demon’s Revenge, players will get to experience more of a classic 16-bit JRPG that has western influences on the art style. We know it is out there and sometimes we try to hide from it sometimes being out there, but the game will be touching base on both racism and terrorism. Though sometimes, racism and terrorism aren’t the only things, being that recently or really without us knowing sometimes, the whole situation now with the gender of person when it comes to the gaming community, especially with the recent situation known as Gamergate. Though, that is better to talk about for a whole article on its own. In Celestial Tear: Demon’s Revenge, players will get to experience a game that will remind you of games like, Suikoden 2, Final Fantasy 7, and Wild Arms 2, due to it being the inspiration to the game, along with a turn based battle system, and it also allows players to play rather than just watch the fight.
Players will be embarking on their adventure on a planet known as Hasphal, and on this planet assumptions and preconceived ideas have taken this world and just ripped it apart since the dawn of time. In the demo, players get to play as Jagen, and just like all the humans on Hasphal, Jagen and others have been raised to hate the Jehts. Though for Jagen, that hate runs through his blood even more, especially when his loved one was killed by a Jeht. “They believed them to be monstrous creatures from Remerin (a hellish place). They decreed them to be demons and hunted them down in honor of their Gods. Join Sen as she finds herself thrust into the middle of conflict, discovering the mysteries about herself and the true history of Hasphal and its inhabitants. Everything is not what it appears to be as religion and life itself unfolds in this exciting adventure.”
Here is the Kickstarter trailer for Celestial Tear: Demon’s Revenge, below:
The features that you will experience in Celestial Tear: Demon’s Revenge, include the following:
- Discover a world full of 2D pixel animations.
- Indulge in story and action through the exciting motion comic cut scenes.
- Use strategy and plan your party based on what they can do in a unique battle system. The environment could be your greatest weapon or your worst enemy. Cut down trees or throw pillars at your enemies to gain an advantage in battle.
- Find secrets and explore as you uncover artifacts and quests to discover lore and other unique items.
- Explore the diverse world of Hasphal. Climb mountains or dive deep into oceans. Visit grand palaces, mystical forests and beautiful cities.
- Experience both the day and night system. As time goes by different creatures emerge. Players and enemies’ skills change depending on what time of the day it is. People go on about their daily lives as they react to the time of day, or day in a week.
- Solve fun and engaging puzzles. Use individual tools and skills of each character to solve a variety of puzzles and obstacles. Jump over cliffs and slice down trees, what ever it takes to move your journey along.
Even though Celestial Tear: Demon’s Revenge is only coming to PC currently, you can still help it be released on platforms like Mac, and Linux by supporting and reach the first stretch goal on their Kickstarter campaign. Interested in getting a copy of the game? Will you are in luck, because for as little as $8, you can get a copy of the game on the ‘Journey’ pledge level. If money isn’t in the cards for you, then you can also support Celestial Tear: Demon’s Revenge by voting for them on the Greenlight campaign, in order to bring them to Steam. You can download the demo of the game, here.