The epic finale game into the Anomaly series from develop 11 bit studios, Anomaly Defenders, has been released today on PC, MAC, and Linux via Steam and DRM-free on Games Republic for $9.99. Along with the game, there was a new launch trailer released that showcases tower defense where players need to engage and take on the role of the aliens who have to defend their world from human scum in the final chapter in the Anomaly series.
In the previous game in the series, Anomaly 2, you really had upset the human scums when trying to conquer their earth since now they are back on your homeworld in Anomaly Defenders, and now you are needing command the alien army to do anything possible to get these humans off your homeworld. ‘This is the final battle against the humans. For the Hive, Commander!’
Anomaly Defenders features:
- Fight on the orbital stations and undiscovered lands – 24 maps in total
- Survive meteor showers and geomagnetic storms
- 8 unique, upgradeable towers
- Full-blown tech-tree to tailor unique strategies
- Attacking forces can damage and destroy your towers – watch out!
- Outsmart humans by deploying towers that force them to change their moving paths
- Aliens are good guys now!
- Three difficulty levels adjusted for both new and hardcore players
Watch the launch trailer below:
Anyone who purchases on Games Republic, will notice that the bundled version will also have Anomaly 2, where you can choose whose shoes you want to fill, whether it be the humans fighting off the alien invasion, or take on the shoes of the alien oppressor. This game was one of the first ‘tower offense’ games. You will also get both soundtracks.
Anomaly 2 features:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities that help you come on top in all combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With over a million tactical combinations to build your squad at hand, you’ll never run out of options in combat.
- Explore the beautiful altered Earth rendered in gorgeous HD by an upgraded and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.