Fans of the classic DOS/Windows/Mac/PlayStation/Saturn RTS Z are in for a treat: Bitmap Brothers and partners Tick Tock are rebooting the classic with updated visuals and gameplay in Z: Steel Soldiers.
In the mid 90’s the Real Time Strategy genre was still a young and savage land. Ruled over by the mighty robber-baron Command and Conquer with his trusty sidekick Dune, few dared to threaten their reign as lofty masters of the genre, and even fewer stood any chance of truly usurping them from their thrown.
Of the games that did come out, one title stood strong against those who would oppress it: the Bitmap Brothers’ Z helped to show players that there were more players in the game than just C&C when it came to RTS games, carving a niche for itself in fandom that even extends to a modern open-source attempt to rebuild the original game.
But wait! Players looking to enjoy the classic RTS on modern systems with updated graphics need not burden themselves any longer. Bitmap Brothers and partner Tick Tock are bringing the classic back on their own in their newest game, Z: Steel Soldiers.
The original Z distinguished itself from its competitors in the RTS market with a unique take on unit construction and resource management. Z: Steel Soldiers looks to take that even further, refining troop control and management details while slapping a shiny coat of modern three-dimensional paint over the top.
· 30 Distinct, lush levels spread across 6 unique worlds.
· Air, ground and sea units ranging from WW2 based vehicles through to modern jet fighters.
· State-of-the-art full 3D engine packed full of scalable features such as reflections and particle systems providing intense and rich landscapes.
· Real-time environment forces – both local and world forces affect the environment to such detail that even plumes of smoke are split as helicopters come soaring through.
· 9 different robots each with unique abilities.
· Revolutionary fast-resource style gameplay; the more territories you take, the larger the resource ‘flag’ in that territory and the faster and more you can build; leaving you to deal with the real objective – all-out warfare!
· Our most advanced AI yet, that will stop at nothing to rid the universe of Zod and his band of space renegades…
If fast-paced robot mayhem sounds up your alley, Z: Steel Soldiers is available now on Android and Steam.