Whether you are for the Horde or for the Alliance, today you will be sent ‘beyond the Dark Portal,’ and experience the clash of iron begin as yet another war collides between the two worlds that you have known for so long. It was announced at the live event yesterday in Los Angeles and simulcast at Gamescom 2014 in Cologne, Germany and around the world, that Blizzard Entertainment has given the release date of November 13th for the fifth expansion of World of Warcraft, Warlords of Draenor. Grommash Hellscream has challenged destiny and now players worldwide must face against the fury of his Iron Horde in the world of Draenor. Along with the announcement a new opening cinematic was release, and the first episode of the animated lore miniseries ‘Lords of War’, plus the teaser for the miniseries.
From the roots of Warcraft that started 20 years ago, and 10 years ago when the World of Warcraft started, fans get to see the first episode of Lords of War, which you will be introduced to the characters that you will get to meet in the fifth expansion’s story, including the leader of the Shattered Hand orc clan, Kargath Bladefist. You will be able to view both the opening cinematic trailer and miniseries below and at www.worldofwarcraft.com, plus look out for more Lords of War episodes to come in the weeks ahead.
“Players will encounter an epic cast of legendary characters and a huge amount of content to explore in Warlords of Draenor,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “The countdown to the arrival of one of the greatest threats in Warcraft history has begun. We can’t wait to send everyone through the Dark Portal this November.”
Not only will you be experiencing a new world of Draenor, but in Warlords of Draenor players will get to experience tons of exciting new content to discover in this fifth expansion.”As Azeroth’s displaced heroes venture across Draenor, they’ll build and manage a mighty Garrison, a customizable fortress that grows with them on their journey; delve into otherworldly draenei temples and clash in the heart of hostile orc clans’ territory; fight the opposing faction for control of Ashran, a huge and dynamic PvP zone featuring a variety of personal and cooperative objectives; and take on a wide array of Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, Challenge Modes, and more.”
Warlords of Draenor will have the following features:
- New continent of Draenor (7 zones, 1 PvP zone)
- Build and upgrade your Garrison
- A level 90 character boost
- New player character models
- 6 new Dungeons and 2 new Raids
- A Heroic version of Upper Blackrock Spire
- New Challenge modes
- New Battlegrounds and World Bosses
- New Scenarios
- Level cap raised to 100
- New class talents and permanent ability bonuses
- Refined quest system with hundreds of new quests
- . . . and more!
Watch the new opening cinematic trailer for World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, below:
Watch the teaser for the Lords of War Series:
Watch the first episode of Lords of War – Shattered Hand:
You will be able to pre-purchase Warlords of Draenor at www.warlords.com, and come start your journey and forge a new legend in Draenor. For those Those who do pre-purchase digital version of the Standard Edition (SRP: $49.99/£34.99) or Digital Deluxe Edition (SRP: $69.99/£49.99), will allow players to boost one character to level 90 right away, which will give players the experience the latest World of Warcraft content along with your friends.
Though for real fans out there who want even more than the Standard or Digital Deluxe Edition, then the retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition (SRP: $89.99/£64.99) is for you. It comes equipped with the digital bonus items from the Digital Deluxe Edition, plus depending on the retail store near you (Gamestop for example), it will include the following:
- Full-color hardcover art book
- Behind-the-scenes two-disc Blu-ray/DVD set
- CD soundtrack
- Warlords of Draenor mouse pad
- Copy of World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
- Digital bonus items:
- World of Warcraft Dread Raven Mount and Dread Hatchling Pet – Descend from the skies on the back of a black-winged Dread Raven mount, a mortal progeny of Anzu. Then devour your prey in your next pet battle with the adorably ferocious Dread Hatchling.
- StarCraft® II Portraits – Summon the strength of two deadly Iron Horde war chiefs – Grommash Hellscream and Blackhand – as you take on the Dominion with these two StarCraft II portraits.
- Diablo® III Warsong Pennant – Don this battle-worn pennant and channel the rage of the Warsong Clan against the demonic forces of Sanctuary.
- Hearthstone® Card Back – Your adventures in Draenor will be the talk of the tavern after outfitting your champion’s deck with this custom card back forged in the fires of Blackrock.
You can find out more information about the new expansion, Warlords of Draenor on the official site, plus follow Warcraft on Twitter and like them on Facebook to keep up with updates leading up to the launch.