For Honor is loved by many players, but that doesn’t mean that the game is perfect by any means. Despite loving the game, thousands of players are planning to boycott the game, forcing Ubisoft to have to make some changes to the game. This afternoon, Ubisoft increase steel income by 20 percent across all matches. They also brought back a map that everyone likes after taking it down earlier in the month and they added 12 outfits to the game. Ubisoft sent out an email saying that they were planning to add in the changes even before they got wind of a potential boycott by the players.
Since the release of For Honor in February, players have cited problems with the multiplayer connectivity, imbalanced heroes, flawed matchmaking and battle glitches. They also said it was impossible to get all of the items and emotes as the costs were too high and the players were barely getting any kind of currency in the game in order to buy them.
The patch is supposed to fix those issues, but if the patch was not going to happen, Redditor Jbaayoun suggested a complete blackout of For Honor. Jbaayoun suggested in a post that on April 3, no one will play the game for a full 24 hours(not a problem for me, I’m too busy breeding in Pokémon Sun). The post was upvoted by 11,000 players.
With such and strong and vocal support of the boycott, a Ubisoft representative on /r/ForHonor confirmed that the team “went through all the points you raised and we will be addressing them.”
Jbaayoun is mostly happy about the patch but says that not all of the issues were fixed.
“The Steel and lost content [have] been addressed, however, the majority of the issues have not,” Jbaayoun said. “However, those changes require more time.”
He is also unsure the boycott would truly be called off. He says that it could be difficult to stop now that thousands of players seem to be on board with the boycott.
As for now, it seems that the blackout is still going to happen and is full steam ahead.