Ubisoft has announced earlier that they would be launching the closed beta for their open-world driving game The Crew for the PC on July 23rd, but it was recently announced that it will be moved forward a couple of days, and now has the new launch date of Monday July 21st. The closed beta will be running from July 21st to July 25th, and if you are interested in participating in the closed beta, you can register here, which you will need a Uplay account.
The closed beta will have the game’s entire version of the U.S. for exploration, with no loading screen. A variety of missions and challenges will only be limited to Midwest and East Coast map areas during the closed beta. The rest of the country (The South, Mountain State, West Coast) will be free roaming at will, and there is promise of more challenges in the different areas that will be added before the game goes live in fall.
The rest of the details Ubisoft announced for the closed beta, includes:
The Cars: Expect to discover new vehicles that, in order to drive across a variety of terrains, you’ll be able to customize in the following specs:
- The Street Spec: You’ll get this one in Detroit!
- The Dirt Spec: This spec will be available in New York!
- There are three other specs – Perf, Raid and Circuit – and you’ll have a glimpse of those during the beta
Playing with your friends:
- The Crew was built from the ground up as a breathing, living world, meaning that in this Closed Beta you will be able to play with your friends at any time – or challenge rivals from all around the world.
- You will also have access to two PvP lobbies, one in the Midwest and the other on the East Coast, where several races will be waiting for you to prove your skills against other players
“The Crew was built from the ground up as a breathing, living world, meaning that in this Closed Beta you will be able to play with your friends at any time – or challenge rivals from all around the world.”
Here is the closed beta walkthrough video:
The Crew is slated to release on November 11 for PlayStation 4, PC ,and Xbox One.