Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic Launched today on IOS and Android as their second go at a mobile game. Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2 are known by many to be the best the franchise has had to offer, it was only natural that Atari choose those two to be the main content going into their new mobile game.
RCT Classic includes a mixture of authentic playability, depth of gameplay and unique graphical style of Chris Sawyer’s original best-selling RollerCoaster Tycoon® PC Games, now enhanced for handheld devices. Packed with content, players can enjoy designing and building roller coasters and rides, landscaping parks and managing the staff and finances to keep their guests happy and the money flowing in. Can you become the next RollerCoaster Tycoon?
Now you may be asking yourself whether or not bringing a PC game to a mobile platform would create a game that was rich in content and hold up to franchise expectations. Touch Arcade was able to get their fingers on the game and have a chance to give their thoughts on how it performs. “When everything is up and running, you’ll have to keep an eye on your park’s finances and make tricky decisions that can make or break your park. If you like management games, this one is definitely one to check out”.
The game itself runs very similar to the previous PC installments. The most prominent feature that seems to be presented is the fact that the game will include hundreds of different types of roller coasters and rides. There will also be dozens of shops, stalls, and facilities. The mobile game will even feature music and sound effects from the original amusement parks.
The game itself will not be free to play however. There will be an initial purchase fee of $6 which unlocks the whole game. Unlike many of the games out now, Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic will not have the usual micro transactions in order for the game to be relevant. Other than the initial purchase, players will have the option to purchase smaller expansion packs for about $2 each.
Below you can see just what the game entails.
- The Original RollerCoaster Sim: Experience all the fun from the original RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2 games, with a new app that combines the best elements of both classic titles.
- Coaster Construction: Create incredible roller coasters – Quickly build a pre-made design or use the intuitive piece-by-piece building tools to design and theme your own unique rides.
- Park Designer: Keep your guests happy by building gentle or wild rides, food and drink stalls, water rides, and even transport rides to take them around the park; Customize your park by building scenery, fine-tuning the landscape, and routing the footpaths.
- Park Management: Run your park’s marketing and finances to make a profit while attracting more guests; Organize your staff to keep the park running well and looking its best.
- Exciting Environments: Build the ultimate theme park in a variety of challenging environments, from the tranquility of Forest Frontiers to the bustling commerce of Megaworld Park.
- Park Scenarios:Progress through 95 classic park scenarios from RollerCoaster Tycoon® and RollerCoaster Tycoon® 2.
- Authentic Gameplay: Classic-style characterful isometric graphics and original amusement park music and sound effects.
- Includes hundreds of types of roller coasters and rides, and dozens of different shops, stalls, and facilities.