Yesterday, Psynix announced that Rocket League will be receiving a brand new game type called Rumble. The announcement came as they took the stage for the Rocket League Champion Series Live Final hosted in Hollywood.
Rocket League’s Rumble will be seeing its debut in September when they release an update for the game. No need to worry as they have said the new game mode will be free. The already semi destructive game will be seeing a frenzy style mode that takes the game to another level of fun. The announcement stated that Rumble would be,
an epic battle royale-style addition that comes stacked with randomized power-ups. Whether you’re equipped with the Haymaker (which punches the ball), the Swapper (which changes your place on the field with an opponent’s), or the Tornado (you’ll just have to see it to believe it), each one of the 11 new power-ups brings an extra dimension to the classic Rocket League formula.
Like the past updates that added the modes Hoops and Mutator, Rumble will be available in online playlists, private, and exhibition matches. Along with the game modes, players will also be able to apply mutators such as snow, civilized, destruction derby, and spring-loaded. The full list of new power ups included in the update are:
- The Boot– Kicks an opponents car.
- Disruptor– Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably.
- Freezer– Freeze the ball in place.
- Grappling Hook– Pulls you towards the ball.
- Haymaker– Punches the ball.
- Magnetizer– Attracts the ball to your car.
- Plunger– Grabs the ball via plunger and cord.
- Power Hitter– Allows you to hit everything harder.
- Spike– Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it.
- Swapper– Change positions on the field with your opponent.
- Tornado– Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud.
Here is the trailer of some of the power ups in action.