Rise of Industry the strategic tycoon game that tasks players to build business empire from scratch has garnered quite a bit of attention lately. The game made quite an impression during E3 2018 coverage and even got a nomination for ‘Best of E3’. Developer Dapper Penguin also provided us an outlined, complete development roadmap to show fans exactly whats in store for the game. Here are the current features of the game:
- Experience tailored for every player – Specialize in just trading, production, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
- Use PR & Marketing to gain favour (or repair damage) with your business partners.
- Choose from over 100 individual products and manage the manufacturing process from harvesting raw materials all the way to delivering the end product to local stores & townspeople?
- Build and manage a solid transportation network to enable efficient transfer of goods via plentiful trucks, speedy trains and high capacity airships.
- Be prepared for fierce competition – Advanced town and city A.I., make for an intelligent and changing game world so you won’t be the only one looking for the best deal.
- Town personalities – adapt a suitable approach for every town or face their economic backlash.
- Huge, procedurally generated maps mean that you’ll always have room to expand your empire into whether in testing scenarios or sandbox mode where imagination is your only limit.
- Be quick to adapt to the current business climate with contracts, random eventsand quests keeping you on your toes and cash flowing in.
- Balance environmental impact with productivity, trying to meet yourneighbouring town’s demands.
- Ever-changing biomes will present different environmental challenges as you aim to make the most out of the map – Lose potential oil reserves as polluted tundra melts into fields or fertile grassland wilts and dies into arid desert.
- Ready for global domination? Bend and break your friends into economic submission in multiplayer-mode*
If thats not enough the developer has announced their latest major update for the game and it’s bringing waves a changes to the title. Update Alpha 6 introduces contracts, end-game content, terraforming, a new economy, automated warehouses and much more into Rise of Industry. Many of these features have already been released via a soft launch to a few Early Access testers. The results of the test were very positive as players had nothing but praise for the new updates as the game’s average 30-days Steam review score is over 90% at the moment. With this huge addition of features Rise of Industries aims to bring back the tycoon genre.