Technology is great. It makes almost any task in life faster and easier, it provides entertainment in solitary, and it connects people worldwide. But, the age-old question of technology is “can it replace, or at least mimic romance, or at least human emotional interaction. Well, the Japanese mobile game company Enish is striving to find that answer. Enish has revealed the release of a game called Rent A Girlfriend: Heroine All-Stars. This mobile game is an adaptation of the popular manga and anime title, centered around Chizuru Mizuhara. But this game is actually going to add heroines from a lot of other franchises.
Who are these heroines you might ask, well here is a list of the first 20 heroines that are set to be in this new mobile game.
- Rent-A-Girlfriend: Chizuru Mizuhara, Mami Nanami, Ruka Sarashina, and Sumi Sakurasawa
- Fairy Tail: Lucy Heartfilia, Erza Scarlet, and Wendy Marvel
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon’s Judgement: Elizabeth Liones, Diane, and Merlin
- Domestic Girlfriend: Hina Tachibana and Rui Tachibana
- Girlfriend, Girlfriend: Saki Saki and Nagisa Minase
- Fire Force: Maki Oze, Iris, and Tamaki Kotatsu
- Boarding School Juliet: Juliet Persia
- Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches: Urara Shiraishi
- Negima! Magister Negi Magi Anime Final: Asuna Kagurazaka
All of these heroines seem amazing and are certain to be a wonderful part of this game. Enish did share a trailer for Rent A Girlfriend: Heroine All-Stars but it also said that they will be providing more details at a later date. Hopefully soon!
What does this mean for mobile games? This mobile game is huge because romantic relationships are an extremely sensitive subject for most people, and romance is something that the majority of people find to be hard to come by. The idea of being able to experience that kind of romance through a mobile game would really change the world and the way people think and value love. It seems like a far-fetched idea at this point. But it means everyone will have to make that decision on their own upon Rent A Girlfriend: Heroine All Stars’ release sometime in 2021. If mobile games can replace human romance, they are definitely here to stay for the long hall.