2K has finally announced that all of the single player goodness from the BioShock series will be coming to the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It’s been three years since BioShock Infinite came out and 2K seems excited to offer the remastered games to all the next gen players.
The trailer they released is of the 2007 released BioShock. It is unclear which platform the video was taken on, however, 2K has said that all the games will run 1080p at 60fps. The remastered versions of the games will also include all the single player DLC for each game. BioShock: The Collection will also feature a Directors commentary from Ken Levine and lead artist Shawn Robertson.
Here is a list of what is included per game via the 2K blog.
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.
2K claims that all the included content is easily worth $100, stating that they will only be asking $59.99. BioShock: The Collection will be available in North America on September 13, Australia September 15, and internationally September 16.