Last month, Square Enix held a special fan event for their mobile Kingdom Hearts title, Kingdom Hearts Union X (Cross). During they event, they held some special in-game events for attendees to play and also gave players a preview of what they can expect to be coming to the game. They revealed that they have been developing a new PvP mode for the game but couldn’t reveal when it would be launched. But to many fans delight, the most recent update to KHUX has finally introduced PvP battles to the game.
This new mode pits players in simulated battles against each other. The battles will be conducted in three round sets. Within these rounds each player will be given three different keyblades and a chance to deal as much damage as possible to their opponent. Whoever deals the most damage during their turn wins the round and whomever is the first to win two rounds wins the match.
There is also a ranking system that will be implemented based upon each player’s performance during each match. Those who reach the top of these rankings will earn recognition and other various rewards. In addition to the new mode other features that arrived within the update are:
- 7-star Medals – All medals which can be used in battle can now be evolved to 7-star rarity to greatly strengthen their power. Players must collect newly added materials in order to successfully evolve medals.
- New Keyblade Feature: Subslots – Players can now utilize more medals in a single Keyblade. Equipping 7-star medals into a Keyblade’s subslots will strengthen the primary slot’s power multiplier and provide deeper customization and strategy.
- ‘Skip’ Feature in Story Quests – Players who have taken a break from story quests can now catch up even more quickly with the new ‘skip’ feature. Completing any level within a specific questline will unlock all quests in that group, allowing players to complete the latest stages first and return to complete previous stages thereafter.
- Easier Keyblade Upgrades – Keyblade upgrades for the first 25 levels now require less materials, allowing new players to strengthen their Keyblades with ease.
- Keyblade Optimize Feature – A new optimize feature will automatically outfit a Keyblade with a powerful medal setup—useful both for new players seeking advice, and for veteran players battling through Proud Mode.