It’s been just over a week since Pokemon Masters launched across the globe, and it didn’t take long for the game to make some sort of impact. Turns out, the Pokemon name is still a winning formula in all forms of alleyways and avenues. Well known mobile market analyst Sensor Tower has collected and compiled all of the available data for the game during that time, revealing that it made approximately $26 million within it’s first seven days.
We knew that Pokemon Masters would be successful to some degree, but this is still an amazing accomplishment. This also makes Pokemon Masters the second best launch for the franchise in the mobile market, with the unstoppable juggernaut that is Pokemon GO being number one at $56 million. However, this is only in regards to launch-week-revenue, as Masters is on track to becoming the highest selling game in the market.
As you can see, Masters made roughly half of what GO did in 2016 during it’s first week. However, it’s also important to note that GO’s revenue during that time came from only five markets, whereas Masters launched in over 60, making the former’s launch that much more impressive. Still, Masters numbers are nothing to laugh at.
Most of those numbers for Masters came from the franchises native Japan with $16 million, roughly 60% of the total. About 17% came from the U.S., Hong Kong, Taiwan, and France with $4.5 million, filling out the top five countries of player spending. Speaking of spending, the report also states that 72% came from iOS devices while the remaining 28% were from Android or Google Play. Other numbers and statistics include Masters being in the top ten grossing apps for the week, as well as top ten among all mobile games.
Either way you splice this, Masters is a huge success right now for Nintendo and DeNA. Of course, one of the biggest reasons that it’s achieving this is because of the games playing model. For those who don’t know, Masters uses the famous/infamous Gacha Loot System that most mobile games, especially from Japan, utilize to get more money out of their players, such as Fate/GO and Fire Emblem Warriors.
Regardless, the game is performing well beyond expectations, and it will only continue to increase those statistics as time goes on. It also doesn’t hurt that Pokemon Sword and Shield is launching very soon, which will only increase the awareness of the brand, not that it ever really needed that because it’s Pokemon.
Pokemon Masters is available now for iOS and Android devices.