The Nintendo Switch recently got its 3.0.0 patch and it seems to fix and improve a lot of things. IGN reports that, among other things, a new feature is being added with this patch that will make it easier to find lost Joy-Con controllers. With this new feature, you can make controllers paired with the system vibrate, making them easier to locate when misplaced.
You will also now be able to add friends from your 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists to your Switch Friend List and you will get notifications when your friends come online. You will be able to change the order of your user icons on the Home Menu and six new user icons, featuring characters from Splatoon 2, will be available. You will also be able to connect a keyboard to the console’s dock via USB cable which will allow you to type on your physical keyboard whenever a typing pad is shown on screen (like when you’re searching the eShop, for example). You will also now be able to use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller through wired communication, instead of just wireless communication, by plugging it into the console via the USB charging cable.
Other new features and improvements include:
- Registering a channel to receive News for specific games
- Changing the system volume from Quick Settings
- Lowering the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
- Changing display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
- Updating connected controllers
- A feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software