The developers at Tribute Games made Christmas come a little early for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge. A new update for the game adds several new features and quality-of-life improvements for the game. The biggest new feature coming to the game comes in the form of a custom arcade mode where players can adjust the game to how they like with Dip switches. The other big new feature coming to the game allows players to enjoy the game in new ways with 3 retro-inspired filters to choose from.
🎄Christmas comes early this year!
New fixes and improvements, Retro-inspired filters and a whole Custom Game option!? 🎁
A new TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge’s Update is LIVE on PC (Steam) and all consoles! 🍕
Up your game to the next level NOW with this “Bō-dacious Retro Modpack” 🕹️ pic.twitter.com/JcD5RQPiVB
— Tribute Games (@TributeGames) December 22, 2022
The new custom arcade mode allows players to tweak the game by selecting between 11 different options. You can choose to do things like make Super Attacks cost health instead of Ninja Power, taunts won’t refill the Ninja Power gauge, and have players choose and play with the same character. Players are free to mix and match between the options to create their own TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge experience.
The 3 new filters include 2 CRT filter options (normal or curved) and a VCR filter. Other new features can be seen in the online character select menu, where the host can now set the maximum number of players for the lobby.
All of the other fixes and quality of life improvements are as follows:
- Taunt now only fills up the first Ninja Power bar.
- We no longer clear fully accumulated Ninja Power bars when KO on Chill difficulty.
- Doing a throw now grants the player invulnerability.
- Added more feedback in the HUD when trying to do a Super Attack without enough Ninja Power.
- Many small animation tweaks were made to all bosses, often to make attacks easier to read.
- Fixed Dirtbag’s dig holes collision detection that was too wide and deep.
- Reduced the number of enemies spawned in Zorax’s stampede and the frequency of stampedes. Zorax also has a bit less health when facing multiple players.
- Rat King now does Pied Piper less frequently.
- Improved the Super Shredder fight in many small ways for a smoother pacing and tweaked some damage values. His grab is now used more frequently and is more efficient, though. Bummer dude!
- Improved Statue of Tyranny pacing and tweaked some damage values.
- Mother Mouser has a new bite animation to differentiate the charge bite from the idle bite, to give players time to react.
- Mouser Model 3 and Mother Mouser are now acting a bit faster.
- Radical Mode damage multiplier is now applied to all throws, Super Dive Attack, and charged Heavy Swing.
- Fixed players sometimes falling outside of the screen repeatedly when respawning, at specific locations.
- Added a Refresh button to the lobby search list.
- We improved the way the Arcade score is calculated: we now record each player individually, even if they leave the game.
- Corrected or improved a few strings in Spanish, French and German.
- The game will remember if How To Play was seen before, separately in Story and Arcade modes as they differ.
- Improved the prompt to reset your story and character progress.
- Pause menu in Arcade mode now shows the total play time.
- Steam Input: improved support for PS5 controllers.