We here at mxdwn have covered a bit of Mutant Football League and how its crazy, over-the-top gameplay can be a real charm to sports game fans. Coming this September, an updated version of the game, Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition, will be hitting retail shelves for its first ever physical release.
Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition will have all of the violent, hilarious, and strategic action that the previous version was known for, but it will also be jam packed with a bunch of new updates. Those updates are the following:
- Two new retail-exclusive teams: the Purple Mutant Eaters and Hexxon Oilers. In addition to the new teams, each will have their own respective football arena
- The addition of Dynasty Mode, a style of play where you can become the coach and GM of your favorite MFL team. Similar to a story mode, you can build up a team to win multiple championships to become the leagues next Dynasty. This mode will include many different gameplay aspects, such as roster management, team salary caps, custom playbooks, player trades, cumulative player XP, free agent signings, and multiple season gameplay
- Dynasty Edition will introduce two new playable species to join the rest of the cast: the Rampaging Werewolves and the Hell-Spawned Demons
- Multiplayer options, which includes two-player online, and there is also an option for four-player local multiplayer so you can wreak havoc amongst your friends in real life
- Unique teams and football fields, with 25 teams being playable, each with their own set of dirty tricks in their playbook, and 24 unique playing field which offer a slew of field hazards which include landmines, booby traps, fire pits, toxic moats and buzz saws;
- Tim Kitzrow, the original announcer of sports game such as NBA Jam and NFL Blitz, will continue to reprise his role as the energetic announcer to give exciting play-by-play commentary for the adult-oriented game
- New additions to the Dirty Tricks playbook, which are unfair, unique ways to turn the tides of a game, will be added for more outrageous plays
- Multiple plays modes, such as a Training Camp, Exhibition, Practice, Playoffs and Full Season mode
- More continued carnage post-plays to permanently take out the opposing team’s players
“We’re looking forward to introducing Mutant Football League to an all new audience with its debut on the Nintendo Switch,” said Michael Mendheim, Creative Director of Digital Dreams in a press release. “With the Dynasty Edition, old and new players alike can really build onto the core game to make their own unique experience. The only predictable element across the board is broken bones and fun.”
Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition will be available at retailers priced at $29.99 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch on September 18. The base game of Mutant Football League is currently available, however, and can be played on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.