Stones Unturned, Mafia III’s next DLC expansion will shed more light on the story of John Donovan as he joins Lincoln’s side to take new bounty hunter missions in New Bordeaux. The game’s senior writer says the new expansion will feel like “a great buddy action movie.”
“He’s there with you every step of the way, helping unfold a mystery brewing in New Bordeaux. As Donovan’s past catches up with him, you’re fighting side-by-side…or, in some cases, firing a huge mounted turret from the back of a truck while he’s doing the driving.”
Having Donovan along side players is not the only addition that the expansion brings, Here is a full list of the features that Stones Unturned Brings:
- New locations within New Bordeaux city limits: a department store, restaurant and safe house, and a remote island off the coast of New Bordeaux
- New mission types, where “you’ll meet another salty friend from Donovan’s past as you pick up new Bounty Hunting missions around New Bordeaux.
- A new support option: You’ll be able to call in Sniper Support.
- New vehicles, including a turret-mounted off-road vehicle.
- New weapons, like a dart gun to silently take down targets from a distance.
Mafia III released it’s first DLC expansion titled Faster Baby in March. This expansion added more cars and weapons such as proximity mines that players can use as traps. Hanger 13 also released a demo at the same time allowing players to try the first act of Mafia III for free. Stones Unturned will be available for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC on May 30. The third expansion, Sign of the Times is expected to launch in July.