505 Games has recently announced that their popular cooperative game, Laser League, will be available to play on May 10. The arena style game will be playable on Ps4, Xbox One, and PC, but only gamers who own a PS4 can pre-order Laser League for $14.99. If you’re a PS Plus Member, the pre-order is $11.99.
Set in 2150, players compete against each other in light blade death matches to prove their rank in the lethal games. From 2v2 to 4v4, competitors maneuver within an obstacle style arena, forced to manipulate their environment by igniting twirling pylons and barriers with either team’s color of light. If an opposing member is struck by an enemy ignited wall, they are immediately obliterated. Depending on who utilizes their environment the best, the battle doesn’t end until every opposing enemy has been annihilated.
Laser League allows players to choose from six insane classes such as:
- Blade: a short-range attack which will eliminate an opponent
- Smash: a longer-range dash attack, which sends a hit opponent flying across the pitch.
- Snipe: drop a marker, see a tracer line to it drawn on the pitch, and teleport back to it – eliminating anyone in your path
- Ghost: activate for a few seconds of invincibility to safely grab lasers or revive teammates
- Thief: steal a laser node that’s been activated by the opposition
- Shock: area of effect electric shock that stuns rivals
The game also features various arena layouts that up the difficulty within every stage. Players must constantly be on the move and quick to act. 505 Games has managed to successfully balance that fact along with maintaining a competitively fun aspect. More in depth details of the game’s other features can be found on Steam. Laser League’s innovative and futuristic take on arena battles has elicited much hype and truly challenges players to pay attention to their obstacles or they will be costed a victory.