Today, Square Enix has revealed the voice cast for the highly anticipated Kingdom Hearts III. The voice cast includes many stars who will be reprising their roles from the popular movies. The voice cast includes Josh Gad (Frozen, Beauty and the Beast) as Olaf from Frozen, Kristen Bell (Frozen, Veronica Mars, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) as Anna from Frozen, Idina Menzel (Frozen, Enchanted, Rent) as Elsa from Frozen, Zachary Levi (Tangled, Chuck, Thor: The Dark World) as Flynn Rider from Tangled, and Haley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense, A.I.) returns as Sora. Other members of the cast inculde:
- Jonathan Groff (Frozen, Mindhunter, American Sniper) as Kristoff from Frozen
- Donna Murphy (Tangled, Center Stage) as Mother Gothel from Tangled
- John Ratzenberger (Toy Story, Cheers, The Incredibles, Coco) as Hamm from Toy Story
- Wallace Shawn (Toy Story, The Princess Bride, The Good Wife) as Rex from Toy Story
- Tate Donovan (Hercules, The O.C., Argo) as Hercules from Hercules
- Kevin R. McNally (Pirates of the Caribbean Series) as Gibbs from the Pirates of the Caribbean series
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Bill Farmer as Goofy
While these are just some of the voice cast announced, there are many more talented actors who will be a part of Kingdom Hearts III, making it the most star-studded game in the franchise’s history. It would seem as if going forward, there will be less emphasis placed on Final Fantasy characters and more focus on the variety of Disney worlds.
Recently, Kingdom Hearts III released a new trailer during TGS. The trailer showcased lots of new footage including a look at the world we can explore with the Big Hero Six characters. Alongside footage of the new world, we also gained another sneak peek at the story and how everyone in the series come together to join in on the fight. Kingdom Hearts: VR Experience, a free VR experience for PlayStation VR, was also revealed during TGS.
The long-awaited sequel will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One January 29, 2019.