Horizon Zero Dawn is a seriously beautiful game.
Developer Guerrilla Games shared a post on the PlayStation Blog today highlighting some of their favorite Horizon Zero Dawn screenshots shared by fans of the game so far, who have been going absolutely hog-wild with the game’s Photo Mode, creating beautiful art all within the game’s engine.
In the post, Horizon Zero Dawn lead lighting artist Roderick van Steen comments on a number of fan-submitted screenshots, praising them for the composition and cinematic quality.
In response to the huge amount of fan art created in game, Guerrilla will be introducing a number of changes and improvements to the Horizon Zero Dawn Photo Mode in the game’s Version 1.20 patch, which is expected to go live next week.
The patch will introduce a number of new features to the game’s screenshot capabilities, including three new image filters, new poses and facial expressions for Aloy, and sensitivity settings for camera controls. It will also add a new grid feature for players to size up their shots and balance their photos’ compositions, as well as a host of other features.
The full list of new features added in Horizon Zero Dawn patch 1.20 is below:
- Improved photo mode with new features
– Added poses for Aloy
– Added facial expressions for Aloy
– Added 3 new filters
– Added a “look at the camera” mode for Aloy
– Added “greetings from” cards
– Improved the camera controls
- Added the option to hide Aloy inside settlements while in photo mode.
- Added a sell stack option at merchants when double tapping the square icon.
- Added filters and a legend to the in game map and the quest map.
- Added several new custom HUD options.
- Added an additional blue health bar on top of the player’s health bar whenever the Shield Weaver Armor is equipped to indicate the amount of extra health points the armor is providing.
- Added difficulty setting components to the Shield Weaver Armor’s damage protection. On hard mode the armor received a 40% armor reduction, on very hard the armor received a 66.6% reduction.
- Added the option to hide headgear for Aloy.
- Added the option to categorize and sort your inventory.
- Added categories in the crafting menu
– Green check mark for categories that are finished
– White icon for categories that have recipes that can be crafted
– Grey icon for categories that have no recipes that can be crafted
- Added the feature in the Sell menu at merchants, you can now press triangle to mark one or more items to sell items quicker.
- Added gameplay time to the statistics menu.
- Changed the timing of some tutorials that were repeatedly displayed, they are now less frequent.
- Added the option to control the x and y axis sensitivity of the camera.
- Added Spanish language support for North American copies of the game. Spanish subtitles can now be enabled, and Spanish audio is also now supported via a Spanish VO pack that can be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Store (in the week of 8th May).
In addition to these features, version 1.20 will bring a large number of bug fixes and tweaks for Horizon Zero Dawn; you can check out the full patch notes at the PlayStation Forums.