Square Enix has announced a PC port version of Final Fantasy XII’s PS4 remaster, which will be coming this February. In addition, the game will come with a few updates in its PC iteration, which Square Enix enumerated in its press release.
According to Square Enix, the following new features will be added for PC users:
- 60FPS – Ivalice will look better than ever with the game running at 60FPS.
- Compatible with 21:9 ultra-wide monitors – Up to three HD monitors can be used for a potential 48(16×3):9 experience.
- New Game Plus and New Game Minus – Post-game content modes are now accessible from the beginning of the game.
- Three background music options – The original, re-orchestrated and soundtrack versions are now available from the beginning of the game.
- Maximized License Points and Gil – New functionality added to grant players max License Points and Gil from the configuration screen.
- Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more to optimize the PC player experience.
The New Game Plus lets players begin the game from level 90, and the New Game Minus excludes leveling up altogether. Story and content-wise, the game will be the same as the PS4 version.
Fans of the game can explore the aforementioned new features in “a special launch program” on February 2, when Producer Hiroaki Kato and Director Takashi Katan will answer fans’ questions from Twitter. The video will be live on Square Enix’s YouTube channel.
The game’s remastered edition for PlayStation 4 came out previously in July 2017. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age launches for the PC on February 1.