Fallout 4 has officially received update 1.6(PC) on PS4 and Xbox One, two weeks after the July 5th release on PC. The key features of the update include new names added to Codsworth’s vocabulary, ExitSave, and general stability and performance updates.
PS4 1.6 has now deployed. The update is now available on all platforms. https://t.co/9zQTDhgEES
— BethesdaGameStudios (@BethesdaStudios) July 18, 2016
The new features added in the update include:
- More than 300 new player names to Codsworth’s vocabulary
- New Add On specific icons in Workshop mode
- Support for upcoming Add Ons
- ExitSave. Exiting to the Main Menu or Desktop (PC Only)will create an ExitSave. During next play session, the ExitSave will delete itself after you load it. The ExitSave works in all difficulty levels including Survival.
The new fixes for the game include:
- Stability and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue where a Companion would become stuck walking and unable to run
- Fixed a crash related to targeting an enemy weapon while in VATS
- Fixed issue in “Mankind Redefined” to prevent the player forgetting stuck in elevators while in the Mass Fusion building
- In “Boston After Dark” quest now completes properly when waiting for Old Man Stockton
- Fixed occasional issue where players would become permanently invisible
- Dead settlers can no longer be commanded or assigned to supply lines
- Fixed issue where deleting a saved game would cause other saves to disappear
- Fixed occasional issues with activating mods that did not come from Bethesda.net
- Minor bug fixes and optimizations to mods load order and browsing
The new update should read as 1.08 on consoles.
Along with this update, players should expect to see the new Vault Tech Workshop DLC coming around July 26th. This DLC will allow players to create and run their own vault. After July 26th there will only be one more DLC for Fallout 4 named Nuka World. Not much has been exposed about Nuka World at E3 but it has been rumored to become available sometime in August. For full detail about their E3 content announcement click here.