It was announced yesterday by EA that will be releasing new content and changes based on fan feedback. The releases are set to be released throughout 2016.
In their announcement, EA made it clear that fans will be getting a lot of free content that will include many new maps, Hero outfits, the introduction of private matches and other content that will be released at later times. Fans who bought the Star Wars: Battlefront Season Pass will introduce much more fresh content set in locations that will include Bespin, the Death Star, and other iconic locations.
EA detailed the content that has been released:
- A Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains and is called Raider Camp.
- Players are being given the ability to create Private Matches, which will make playing among other players easier.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.
Content for the months of February and March was also teased and is listed below:
- new Survival Mission on Hoth
- new Hoth multiplayer map that will add support to larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point.
- new multiplayer map on Endor that will support all the aforementioned game modes in the game.
New details were announced regarding content that is going to be released throughout the year:
- Outer Rim (March 2016): Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine.
- Bespin (Summer 2016): Hunt or be hunted in an action packed experience set in the Cloud City.
- Death Star (Fall 2016): One of the most iconic locations in the history of Star Wars makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 (Early 2017): More details will be released as they become available.
Star Wars Battlefront is out now for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and on Origin for PC.