Developer Techland is bringing one of the most anticipated next-generation games, releasing some of its secrets in the latest trailer. The video gives confirmation that the action survival horror game, Dying Light, will be coming to E3 2014 in Los Angeles. Dying Light is planned to be released in February 2015 on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
In Dying Light, the players are brought into a vast and dangerous open world. Players are both the hunter and the hunted in this game, by day you are able to roam around for supplies in order to craft weapons that would help you defeat the hordes of mindless zombies. By night you the hunter is the prey, while the hordes grow in strength and these hordes leave their hives in order to feed. Players must use their skills, and craft things in order to survive as long as possible until dawn finally comes.
In the newest trailer of Dying Light, you will see one of the many features showcasing the system of Natural Movement. This feature allows players to not only move around but also allows for parkour-style movements with brutal combat. Everyone will be able to find out more details about this feature plus more during the E3 2014 expo.
The new trailer can be watched now on the official Dying Light channel on YouTube:
Dying Light features include:
- Survive the Night – During the day, players roam free and scavenge for supplies and weapons. But at night, the world undergoes a deadly transformation: the hunter becomes the hunted as the infected grow more aggressive and numerous, and something far more sinister awakens to stalk its prey.
- Free Running Movement – Whether tracking prey or escaping predators, Dying Light lets players swiftly navigate the world by seamlessly leaping between buildings, grappling up walls and pouncing on unsuspecting enemies.
- Open World Environments – Dying Light is set in a vast open world, delivering expansive and varied environments, a wide variety of enemy classes and a hopeless tale of survival where resources are scarce and the infected are not the only threat.
- Brutal Melee and Ranged Combat – get up-close using a variety of light and heavy weapons including knives, bats, axes, sledgehammers and more exotic weaponry or utilize guns and other firepower to take down enemies from a distance.
- Choose Your Play Style – Dying Light features four playable characters that can be fully customized and upgraded to match any play style.
- Craft Your Weapon – Why use a wrench when you can use a wrench wrapped in electrified barbed wire? Dying Light’s sizeable crafting system enables players to create a slew of new, more potent weapons and equipment, as well as specialized ammunition.
- Breathtaking Visuals and Gameplay – Dying Light is the first game powered by Chrome Engine 6, a cutting edge incarnation of Techland’s proprietary technology, designed from the ground up for the new console generation, DirectX 11 and other advanced solutions.
You can pre-order the game on GameStop, Best Buy, and Amazon, plus you can also buy the PC version from the developer Techland. If you pre-order now, you will also get an exclusive DLC that allows you to play the special Be The Zombie Game Mode.
“Be the Zombie is a PvP game mode and offers players the ability to stalk other players as a night hunter – a lethal predator with unique and deadly skills. Item will be packed with your game after launching.”