Draugen is a first-person mystery narrative developed by Red Thread Games, an indie studio based in Oslo, Norway. The game is finally finished and set to launch next week, on May 29th.
The events of Draugen take place in Norway, during the early 1920s. Mr. Edward Charles Harden, an American traveler, has journeyed to the country in search of his missing sister. He is accompanied by a young woman by the name of Lissie. Players will accompany the two as they explore the coasts and mountains of Norway. But be careful. For not everything is as it seems.
According to its Steam page, some of the “Key Features” for the game include:
- “I am not alone”: Explore 1920’s coastal Norway accompanied by a living, breathing, independent companion.
- Interact with your companion, Lissie, through a realistic and dynamic dialogue system.
- Experience a thrilling tale through the eyes of an increasingly unreliable narrator.
- Find your own path through a scenic setting that changes with the weather and Edward’s mental state.
- “A story about what lies beneath”: Piece together a gripping narrative with unexpected twist and turns.
The game will also feature an original soundtrack created by Simon Poole, an award-winning composer, who has also lent his talents to previous studio projects such as Dreamfall Chapters and The Secret World.
Draugen is planned to launch for PC players on the Steam Store next week. Wishlist the game to be notified when it becomes available for download. The game is also expecting a release for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Although no official launch date has been confirmed right now for console players, the studio does expect to release the game on both platforms by the end of the year.