Time to get ready Super Heroes! A new chapter has been released today for Disney Interactive’s Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition), which is on the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, plus you can also download it for free on your iPad, iPhone (coming soon), Windows 8 device and PC.
Back in July, the Executive Producer of Disney Interactive, John Vignocchi announced the Collector’s Edition, mentioning that it will include the Starter Pack, all of the launch Avengers character figures, and an exclusive light-up Frost Beast display, plus with the Collector’s Edition you will be able to get Hulk at launch. The Collector’s Edition is exclusive only to PS4, and PS3.
The starter pack in the Collector’s edition comes with the Avengers characters, but you can also pick up Marvel’s Guardians of the the Galaxy and Spider-Man Play Sets, plus the characters that from those universes are made available separately. Take on new super hero story-driven adventures in the Marvel universe with these 3 Play Sets. Players, be expecting some new character features and combat systems, along with a much bigger universe compared to the first installment of Disney Infinity.
Watch the ‘Walk it’ trailer for Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition), below:
On the PlayStation blog, Allison Petrek the Community Manager for Disney Interactive mentioned,”Community is incredibly important to us, and the new Toy Box 2.0 mode opens up many more options for downloading and sharing Toy Boxes. Not only can you share your own custom 2.0 Toy Box levels, we’ve hired a whole team devoted to bringing you free 2.0 Toy Boxes to play every week. We hired five team members directly from the community to create top-notch Toy Boxes, because really who else knows the Toy Box better? If their launch Toy Boxes — which include a Gravity Falls-themed 2D fighting game and a race to eat as many pastries as you can as quickly as possible (?!) — are any indication, these guys are going to be creating amazing content.”
With the launch today, there are already 10 2.0 edition toy boxes that have been released and ready for you to download from the Community Content, which have all been described below:
Disney Infinity Team Toy Boxes
1. Night Castle – Under the light of the full moon, an evil castle appears, bringing with it a terrible curse. Classic action-platforming!
2. The Game Room – Want to play a game? Find 4 weights and place them on the buttons to open the door in the cabinet to access the game inside.
3. Pastry Panic!! – Eat all of the pastries. What could go wrong? It’s a collection game gone mad!
4. Remote Bowling HD – Can you guide the ball through this treacherous maze? The clock is ticking! Classic arcade action!
5. FIGHT FIGHTERS – Battle a friend one-on-one in this classic 2D fight to the finish! Don’t let Rumble McSkirmish down!
Toy Box Summit Toy Boxes
6. I. Am. Groot. – Sakaaran soldiers are attacking Groot’s home world Planet X. Help! Created by Mighty Gitis.
7. Mysterious Worlds – Battle through Mysterio´s illusions to uncover his secret weapon. Created by TurnerBros.
8. The Dark Aster – Relive the finale of Guardians of the Galaxy. Start off on Planet Xandar and travel to the Dark Aster. Created by Pirate Steven.
9. Tink’s Pixie Hollow – Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust! Play a game at the Coliseum and go inside Tinker Bell’s house. Created by Vault of villains.
10. Jurassic Adventure – A short Jurassic course scattered with traps awaits you. Open chests, defeat enemies along the way, and climb up a terrible predator. Good luck! Created by dsmmat.
Those interested in the Disney Toy Box Starter Pack and 2.0 Disney characters will be released on November 4th. Be prepared to blasting your way through the game, with your new 2.0 Disney characters!