During our coverage of E3 2018 there has been no shortage of big reveals, sneak peaks, and taste of whats to come next in gaming. Over the past few days we were able to get a close up look at an upcoming indie title from Akupura Games titled Desert Child. Desert Child is a racing RPG that starts payers off on a post apocalyptic Earth. They then have only a few days to earn enough cash to get off of the planet to make a new life on Mars. The only tool players will have to aid them in their journey is only their trusty hover bike.
With no other friends or family to aid you, racers must fight through gangster, bounty hunters, and the mafia in order to climb their way to the top. The cost of living is also a factor with Desert Child as nothing at all is free. Rent, bike repairs, food, and music cost money within this world and there is plenty of work to help you pay for it all. Players can race, join the mafia, or bounty hunt in order to help them make a living. Some of the features for the game include;
- Hunt bounties, deliver drugs, throw races – do anything you can to earn cash.
- Explore a world inspired by Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Redline.
- Customize your beloved bike with Guns, Amplifiers and tasteless bumper stickers.
- Dine on a range of interplanetary cuisine with sweet buffs to help you win.
- Master deep combat and racing mechanics and define your own style.
- Race, shoot, and get better! Designed for replayability, with secrets that keep you coming back.
- Chill to a sci-fi soundtrack.
Oscar Brittain’s Desert Child is set to release for the PlyStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC in Q3 of this year.