GSC Game World has announced that their real-time strategy Cossacks 3 will be seeing a September 20 release date. Cossacks 3 is a remake of the 2001 iconic Cossacks with added features to enhance gameplay. GSC Game World has announced that Cossacks 3 will be released on steam. Pre orders for the game will be available a month before the actual release.
Cossacks 3 will be set in the 17th and 18th centuries as players battle using up to 10,000 warriors at one time on a single battlefield. The game will also give players access to 12 different nations, 70 various types of character groups, while allowing up to 7 different players to battle against one another on a single map. These seven players have the option to unite as one team and battle against the computer on maps and landscapes of their choosing.
The game mechanics feature, “Real-time strategy with construction, production of resources, and the development tree. Naval battles, influence of the landscape and the realistic physics provides the player with a vast number of tactical moves”. The game will be heavily focused on having the right tactics in order to win battles.
The game has many features such as:
- Breathtaking historical real-time strategy.
- Actions unfold in Europe in the XVII-XVIII centuries.
- Five single player historical campaigns.
- Realistic physics of bullets and cannonballs.
- Considerable influence of the landscape on battle tactics.
- Infinite variations of battles with computer enemies on random maps.
- Flexible generator of random maps with selection of a preferable landscape.
- Windows, Mac OS, and Linux support.
Cossacks 3 is currently taking beta tester applications here. On their blog they mention that, “From the bulk of the applications we will choose the first wave of beta testers according to your gaming experience, PC specifications, age etc”. They also plan to have several waves of testers in order to make sure they will be releasing a top quality product.