Partnered with Square Enix Collective, Tituitech developers launched a new trailer for their title Oh My Godheads released this week. Oh My Godheads is a colorful, wacky, local multiplayer game similar to capture the flag except in this case you capture heads. Players use swords, explosives, and unique attacks with team mates to disrupt other players who have captured a God head to bring back to their base. Those who have the head in their possession may have a hard time bringing it back even without other player interference, as the heads use their own special powers to hurt the holder. For instance, Zeus’s head may shock those around him while Agyo’s head causes explosions.
There are currently 9 different God heads players can capture: Agyo, Bastet, Gaia, Namazu, Skadi, Tezcatlipooca, Zeus, Kali, Badb and a regular Flag. Players can choose to be Aoi, Dave, Fehr, Irving, Granbarba, Shelley, Shivana, or Sir Fishelworth while trying to capture the heads. There are multiple arenas to choose from for a match, each with its own difficulty settings and spawn points. In the trailer, characters are seen jumping over lava, running on beaches and flying through the air in already air born arenas.
Multiple game modes keep the competition interesting, with the option to eventually unlock an AI versus mode for friends to challenge alone or together:
- King of the Head removes the goals & teams, and grants victory to whomever holds the head longest
- Headhunters sees the player with the most kills reign supreme.
- Last Man Standing grants victory to the last player alive.
- Trials of the Gods pose a series of short solo challenges set forth by the gods.
- A.I. allows you to add as many A.I. companions/opponents as you need to fill in your teams
Oh My Godheads is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC at $14.99.