Iratus: Lord of the Dead is a turn based strategy title that puts players behind the roll of necromancer who in the past tried to take over the world but was defeated and imprisoned inside of a dungeon for centuries. Now he has been freed and is able to begin his age of conquest yet again. The game has been in development since early 2016.
The alpha prototype was for the game was then completed the following year and the first teaser video of planned gameplay was published. Now in E3 2019 we got the chance to get a look at the game up close and personal. During our gameplay we got a look at many of the different minions that Iratus can conjure up. Each minion though takes certain items to craft them. These items can range from common to legendary status.
Players can also make improvements to their underground lair but sacrifices need to be made in order to make the improvements. But on the bright side Itatus can easily take this to his advantage by making basic minions and then sacrificing them.
We saw how the combat system comes into play with its tactical positioning system and how picking the right collection of minions on the battle field can be the key to victory in each and every battle. Certain enemies have effects and defenses that have to be taken down with certain abilities. Other features that the game brings are:
- Intelligent enemy AI, challenging even experienced RPG-strategists.
- Four types of necromancer talents for gameplay: alchemy, magic talents, ire and destruction skills.
- Irreversible consequences. Classic roguelike features including character permadeath.
- Detailed stylized 2D graphics in the spirit of dark fantasy.
- Detailed skeletal animations.
- Great voice acting performance by S. Weyte known for the voice of Caleb – the main character of the Blood franchise