DICE revealed a few changes that will be applied in this month’s coming update for Battlefield 1 during a livestream. The update will bring about many improvements that will add balance to the game. One example of an improvement coming in the update is Operation Playlists, which will allow players to continue with a certain Operation without having to return to the main menu. The servers will allow players to keep playing through a loop. Players will just swap sides at the end of each game but the Operation will be continuous
Another change is that the damage reduction factor that players take advantage of while doing a bayonet charged has been taken out. The players ability to turn during a charge will also be changed so that players can’t use this around corners. Also it will be made easier to notice when a player is starting their charge. Dice has also used a new threshold to determine whether or not hit detection is performed on a client level or a server level. The developer also stated that the Premium Friends feature which allows the game’s premiums owners to share their DLC with friends will be available from now until EA Play.
Other changes include:
- Domination’s ticket count increases from 100 to 200
- In Conquest, flag captures now count for less, but holding most points provides a bonus
- Self-repair on all tanks is now the same: 200 health every five seconds
- The Dogfighter and Bomber Killer have swapped gadgets
- The AA gun’s range on the ground has been reduced, but it can now hit targets further away in the air
- The stationary AA and field guns can now be repaired; after taking a certain amount of damage, they’ll become inoperable until they’re fixed
The release date for the May update has not been officially announced due to it still going through certification for consoles. It will be announced shortly after it is done with this process along with a full list of patch notes.