Last month on April Fools’ Day, Bohemia Interactive played a hoax and teased Arma 3 Karts, a Jean Claude Van Damme parody that had changed Arma 3 into a go-kart racer. Well today, we learn that Arma 3 Karts has become a reality from the developers.
Due to popular demand since the video was released has made Arma 3 Karts DLC a reality, where players can give up their military hardware in order to get on a kart and grab a helmet, and just race around the Greek Islands.
Arma 3 Karts DLC will feature:
- Kart – A 20hp 4-stroke engine go-kart with four unique liveries and one random color variant
- Racer – Matching race drivers wearing dedicated race helmets
- Marshal – A racetrack safety coordinator
- Starter Pistol – This special revolver is used to signal the start of races and fires signaling flares
- Race Objects – Various (plastic) barriers used to build racetracks
- Time Trials – A new form of single player Challenges delivered in 5 Karts Check Point races against the clock
- Zeus Race & Modules – Special modules to build Check Point races, and pre-set races to jump straight into the multiplayer action
Players will be able to play on multiplayer races, with tracks that have Pre-set challenges and checkpoints already made. Though if you don’t want to go on a pre-set challenge or checkpoint race, you may want to try the special module, where you can build your own karting tracks.
Watch the trailer that was released on April Fools Day, below:
You can start your engines and grab your helmets for Arma 3 Karts DLC on PC via Steam for $1.99, which part of that money will be going towards the Czech Red Cross. You can also see the money they have raised for this cause here, next month.
Arma 3 Karts is included in the Arma 3 DLC Bundle, which will be together with the Helicopters and Marksman DLC. Helicopters DLC, where you master the rotary flight of the helicopter, is scheduled to release in September 2014. As for Marksman DLC, where you hone in your shooting skills, is scheduled for the first quarter of 2015, but those dates are only estimates at the moment, steam mentions on their site.