The developers who was named winner of Epic Games Make Something Unreal 2013, and Swedish Game Awards, comes Dead Shark Triplepunch’s new online multiplayer arena sports game. Get your hands on this game for PC via Steam, you will be able to get a 15% discount (originally $9.99) until August 7th.
Ready to take on the world with your own hands, then come play Epigenesis, which lets players fight for world domination in non-lethal ballgames of the future. Use your parkour skills as you jump across and try to get the ball from the middle, and fight your enemies in order to reach the top. In order for you to go against your enemies, you’ll have a gravity cannon that will help to knock the other player out of reach from the middle to get the ball. “When a player scores, he receives a genetically modified super-seed and gets the opportunity to plant it onto a platform to capture it. Players capture and construct a node system from their goal post to their opponents’. If that doesn’t happen by the time the clock reaches zero, the team with the most goals wins!”
With the release of Epigenesis being this past Friday, a new patch update 1.0 was also released, which has a new in-game store, skin manager, bug fixes, and some changes that include:
- Polished texts on HUD, including but not limited to: End game stats, Score board, Team names and score numbers, respawn text and Main Menu texts.
- Added more animation to the Mission Popup.
- Changed the sound played when throwing a ball.
- Increased acceleration gliding, makes you able to fly further.
- Changed the sound for hitconfirm.
- Added 2560×1440 resolution.
- Added wind sound when moving fast.
- Added and tweaked ambience in several maps.
- Updated Splash Screen with logos.
Watch the launch trailer for Epigenesis, below:
Check out the features below of what you may experience in this epic multiplayer arena ball game, Epigenesis:
- Ball Sport of the Future –
Play a ball as well as a domination 5-on-5 game on top of tall towers and platforms!
- Fast-paced high-altitude Action –
Equipped with jumping-jets, players will have to time their jumps or suffer steep falls.
- Non-lethal combat with surgical precision –
All weapons used are non-lethal force-based gear. Push your opponents down from the platforms and boost your friends towards the goal!
- One-time use pickup abilities –
Tactically use the Grapple, Dash or Shockwave to further advance your goal-scoring conquest!
- Customize your loadouts –
There are 6 plants with unique abilites as well as 5 different passive stat-boosts for you and your team. Discuss combinations with your team and choose the plants that best fit your playstyle!
- 6 unique maps –
Play ball on 6 different arenas constructed across the world of Epigenesis, featuring snowy mountains, lush forests and desolate cities!
- In-game cosmetics shop –
Earn in-game currency by proving your worth in daily missions and spend it on cosmetic items such as Plant skins and Hats!
- Single-player and bots –
Internet downed or just want to hone your skills? Face-off against the bots of Epigenesis or have them join your multiplayer matches!
- Sci-Fi Online Multiplayer Arena: So hot right now! Play a futuristic ball game for world domination in a 5-on-5 game on top of towers and platforms
- Crazy plants with awesome abilities: After scoring a goal, players get genetically modified super seeds (of course!) that grant passive stat-boosts for the player and teammates
Interested in learning more and getting tips from the tutorials Dead Shark Triplepunch made, in order to catch up to speed, you can visit their YouTube channel. You can get more information and screenshots at their official site and Steam page. Plus like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.