Developer Cliffhanger Productions previously launched back in May, this turn-based strategy game, ÆRENA: Clash of Champions on Mac and PC via Steam, and also on Android via Google Play. Today they have announced that ÆRENA is now available for iOS via App Store and we also learn that both Steam and mobile releases have received a new champion, new arena, and ton of other gameplay details.
In ÆRENA: Clash of Champions, players will play a tactical turn-based strategy game that has you build a deadly team of combatants that will crush enemies in the arena, and destroy enemy ships in airborne arenas. “Featuring an original Ætherpunk setting of mad science, mutants, and mechanized warriors, ÆRENA: Clash of Champions offers relief from the stale battles of swords and sorcery.”
With the new release of iOS, all versions of ÆRENA: Clash of Champions will have a new champion named Sharina, who is a first support-class. “A combat medic aligned with COG, Sharina was designed with input from the first season’s top player.” In addition to having Sharina being added to the champions, players will get to enjoy friendly unranked battles and battle in Mid-Ships with the new Air Pirates arena.
ÆRENA players will be able to make their teams suit to what their own tastes are, and have full control over the tactics played throughout the battles. “ÆRENA’s one-on-one gameplay and quick matches (usually ten minutes or less), players never have to worry about bad teammates or sitting through drawn-out battles.”
You can watch ÆRENA: Clash of Champions launch trailer, below:
Key Features you will see in ÆRENA: Clash of Champions are:
• Tactical, turn-based combat built specifically for strategy gamers.
• Face online opponents or challenge the AI.
• Build up a team of champions, ships, and abilities to suit your play-style.
• Short and challenging matches keep gameplay intense.
• Player-progression with XP, level-ups and rewards.
• Enter the League of Champions and battle for prizes or play a match against friends for fun.
• Cross-platform gameplay across iOS, PC, Mac, and Android.
• Discover a unique Ætherpunk world of 3D graphics on mobile.