In May, Momocon will open its doors once more for its annual event. At Momocon 2018, there will be everything anime, manga, comics, and gaming related. To celebrate games this year, Momocon will be hosting their 3rd annual Indie Game Awards Showcase, and the 20 finalists have just been announced.
The following 20 games have made it into the finals, and 5 lucky winners will be awarded a plethora of fabulous prizes:
- Bio Inc.: Redemption, DryGin Studios
- City of the Shroud, Abyssal Arts
- Cosmo’s Quickstop, Big Sir Games
- Door Kickers: Action Squad, KILLHOUSE GAMES
- Epic Tavern, Hyperkinetic Studios
- EVERSPACE, ROCKFISH Games
- Haimrik, Below The Game
- The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk, Studio Fizbin
- Last Encounter, Exordium Games
- Mike Dies, Psydra Games
- Mutant Football League, Digital Dreams Entertainment LLC
- The Norwood Suite, Cosmo D Studios
- One Deck Dungeon, Handelabra Games
- The Path of Motus, MichaelArts, LLC
- Path to Mnemosyne, DevilishGames
- Projection : First Light, Shadowplay Studios
- Samsara, Marker Limited
- SiNKR, Wahler Digital LLC
- Sleep Tight, We are Fuzzy
- Super Daryl Deluxe, Dan & Gary Games
In addition, Georgia-made Colours and Shapes, SiNKR, TwinCop, and Zap Blastum are also qualified for the Momocon Georgia Award, an additional awards ceremony with a $1000 prize dedicated to rewarding Georgia developers for their feats.
The developers of the chosen five games in the Indie Game Awards Showcase will receive a $1000 prize, a free 10 x 20 exhibit space for Momocon 2019, a dedicated panel at Momocon 2019, a highlighted placement in a Momocon newsletter that will go out to tens of thousands of gamers, and to top it all off, they will win a glass trophy. The developers of last year’s Indie Game Awards Showcase winners, Immortal Redneck, Talent Not Included, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Distance, and The Banner Saga 2, will also be present at Momocon 2018.
“The creativity and dedication we see in these submissions every year continues to amaze me,” says Chris Stuckey, CEO of MomoCon in a press release. “All of our finalists are titles to watch, and our judges, industry luminaries including Rami Ismail and editors from distinguished publications like IGN, Destructoid and Kotaku, will be hard-pressed to narrow this list down to five.”
Momocon 2018 will run from May 24 to May 27 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The 5 finalists will be selected during a ceremony on Saturday, March 26. Passes for Momocon 2018 are available for purchase for either individual days for $30 – $50, or a 4-day pass is available for just $60 – $70.