Buy games related on this topic at | Amazon
Psyonix is at it again with yet another update for their hit car game Rocket League. The new update adds another all new space map to the rotation along with the addition of a brand new car, Vulcan.
Starbase Ark, the name of the update and new map, came out earlier today on PS4, Xbox One, and PC with a nice price tag of $0. Starbase Ark will be set in outer space and feature a new octagonal shape designed to allow the ball to bounce more freely inward, making for a more interesting match between players. The walls will be glass and when looking through them, players will be able to see starship battles and interstellar laser shows.
While the update itself is free, the new vehicle will need to be purchased separately. The Vulcan can be obtained at the relatively low price of $2. What sets this vehicle apart from the others is that when airborne, small flight wings spread out from the tail section, making the Vulcan look as though it is taking flight. Take a look below to see them in action.
Below you can find the features being introduced into the game.
- Steam Workshop Level Support: Allows players to create custom levels to play and promote to the Rocket League community.
- Arena Preference Selector: Arena Preferences influence your online playfield options! “Like” and “Dislike” arenas to increase or decrease the odds of playing them again in online matches.
- “Champion Series IV” Crate: The popular Champion Series continues with all-new exclusive Garage items to help support our esports initiatives! Potentially unlock a new Import Battle-Car, animated Decals, Exotic Wheels, Black Market surprises, and more
- New Arenas: The new space-themed Starbase ARC arena comes to all playlists. Two classic arenas also receive new variants, with “Wasteland (Night)” and “Utopia Coliseum (Snowy)” dropping into Exhibition and Private matches, plus all Ranked Playlists.
- Free Redesigned Battle Cars: Veteran Battle-Cars, ‘X-Devil’ and ‘Gizmo’, receive fresh redesigns! Classic skins like Lightning, Skulls, Flames, and more also get a recharge.
- Colorblind Support: Added ‘Color Blind Mode’ to the ‘Options’ menu. Use it to add high-contrast Orange and Blue shades along with High Contrast Nameplates.
For a more detailed look into the design of Starbase Ark, Psyonix released a in depth video with the design team. Click here to see just what it takes to create a new map.