Buy games related on this topic at | Amazon
DOOM servers went down earlier today to make way for their third installment of their free updates. What sets this update apart is the introduction of private matches and Deathmatch game modes, both of which where highly desired by players.
Bethesda made the announcement earlier today talking about the highly anticipated private matches being added to multiplayer. “Now you can customize matches by selecting the maps and modes you want, while adjusting game elements like the time limit, score limit, or whether you want to play with or without Demon Runes”. Private matches were requested by fans of the game and Bethesda decided to implement them, giving the players what they wanted.
Deathmatches also see their debut in this update, “the free-for-all multiplayer mode has been one of the top requests from DOOM fans, and today we’re happy to make it a reality”. Players will not receive any help from Demon Runes or teammates and will have to rely solely on their skill.
They will also be having a double XP weekend beginning Friday, September 23, at 12pm ET until Monday, September 26, at 12pm ET..
As for the campaign, there were no major updates, only fixes and optimizations to help reduce the chance of the game freezing.
The update is available for download today, here is the full list of changes.
Multiplayer New Features
- Deathmatch – New Deathmatch free-for-all multiplayer mode
- Private Matches – Players can create their own private matches in multiplayer. When setting up your matches, you can determine the modes, maps, length of play time, and other match settings such as turning demons and power weapons off or on.
Campaign Fixes and Optimizations
- Fixed an issue where exiting a Classic Map would cause the user to freeze on the Main Menu
- Fixed a progression blocking issue when reloading checkpoint in Blood Keep B while picking up yellow skull in crusher room.
- Fixed the Summoner and Pinky models not being visible under the Collectibles menu.
- Fixed a crash which occurred when reloading Security Switches checkpoint with DOOM Classic Weapon Pose enabled in the Polar Core
- Fixed cases of the Combat Shotgun Pop Rocket mod not tracking progress towards mastery.
- Fixed an issue where dying at the map transition and restarting the map in next level would put your character in a broken state
- Fixed an issue where turning on the Classic Weapon Pose during a weapon examination cut scene would cause a broken state
- Fixed Remote Detonation mastery not incrementing if the player first uses Stun Bomb on enemy targets.
- Fixed an animation issue where the Talisman Guards’ legs would not move.
- Fixed an issue where Mission Select does not accurately reflect the in game status of Dead Man Stalking Challenge in Blood Keep A.
- Various instability issues addressed.
SnapMap Fixes and Optimizations
- Improved general stability
- Undo/Redo no longer causes memory drops
- Anonymous players now are counted correctly in the map play counts
- AI Path Points now work properly when set to Sprint
- Browser sorting and empty browser are improved
- Weapon switch now has proper key bindings
- Empty Containers can now be picked up
- Weapon On Pick Up logic works when set to On Touched
- Clients are now stopped by Player Blocking Volumes
- Locked doors now properly display a “Locked” message
- Skull keys can be added and removed from Inventory
- Added “Manage by AI Conductor” setting to property settings of additional AI
- Ammo gained from picking up weapons works properly in all cases
- Powercore spawns properly when spawned a map start
- Lost Souls work properly with AI Path points
- Give Armor works properly in all conditions