Buy games related on this topic at | Amazon
Today, Bungie announced that they will be increasing their Light level cap next week after they introduce the hard mode of Destiny: Rise of Iron’s raid. According to Polygon, the heroic difficulty for Wrath of the Machine (the new raid) will go live this upcoming Tuesday, October 18th. The patch, which will be update 2.4.1, will be released at approximately 10 a.m. PT on the 18th. However, to give raiding teams on a fair shot at getting the update, the new difficulty level won’t go live until 2 p.m. PT.
The patch will reportedly raise the maximum Light level in Destiny from 385 – which is what players have played with since Rise of Iron was launched less a month ago – to an even 400 cap. The max for Light on rewards will also go up to 400; these include rewards from strike chests, Nightfall strikes, exotic engrams, Crucible matches, Trials of Osiris rounds and Iron Banner games. However, Archon’s Forge events, legendary engrams and the Heroic SIVA strike playlist will only provide rewards up to 385.
Victoria Dollbaum, Senior designer for the game, has stated that
For players forging their path through Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner, these activities will now attempt to reward higher Light on average, compared to your current Light.
The recommended Light level, however, won’t be changing all that much – other than Nightfall, which will see a rise from 360 to 380. For those looking to play the Wrath of the Machine on normal mode, the suggested level is set at 370, so gamers attempting it should make sure to try and reach the recommended Light.
Below is full list of changes:
• Maximum Light increase to 400.
• Strike Hoards, Nightfall, Exotic Engrams, Trials of Osiris, Crucible, and Iron Banner will now provide rewards up to 400 Light.
• Archon’s Forge, the Heroic SIVA Strike playlist, and Legendary Engrams will now provide rewards up to 385 Light.
• Rare Engrams and the SIVA Strike Playlist will now provide rewards up to 365 Light.
• The recommended Light for these activities will remain the same with the exception of the Nightfall, which will be increased to a recommended light of 380.
• Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner will now attempt to reward higher Light on average, compared to the player’s current Light.
• Artifacts and Ghosts were dropping from fewer sources than intended and have been added as Archon’s Forge completion rewards. These items will now drop up to 400 Light. In Faction Packages, the rate at which Ghosts are rewarded has been increased. Likewise, the rate of artifacts from Eris’ Faction Packages have been increased.